There are several things to consider when it comes to shipping and installing hot tubs:
- Delivery: Hot tubs can be quite heavy and bulky, so it’s important to consider the delivery process. You will need to ensure that the hot tub can be safely delivered to your property and moved to the installation site. You should also factor in any delivery fees and whether the company you are buying from offers delivery and installation services.
- Site Preparation: Before installing a hot tub, you’ll need to ensure that the installation site is properly prepared. This includes ensuring that the site is level, has a solid foundation, and is easily accessible for delivery and installation. You should also consider the proximity of electrical and plumbing connections.
- Electrical Requirements: Hot tubs require a significant amount of electricity to operate, so it’s important to ensure that your property’s electrical system can support the hot tub’s electrical requirements. This may require the installation of a new circuit breaker or electrical service.
- Plumbing Requirements: In addition to electrical requirements, hot tubs also require plumbing connections for water circulation and drainage. It’s important to ensure that the installation site is close enough to the property’s existing plumbing connections or that new plumbing can be installed.
- Permits and Regulations: Finally, it’s important to ensure that any necessary permits and regulations are met before installing a hot tub. This may include obtaining permits from your local government or ensuring that the installation meets safety regulations and building codes.
Overall, shipping and installing a hot tub or swim spa requires some planning and preparation. It’s important to consider all the factors involved to ensure that the installation process is safe and successful but we will be there to help you if you have any questions along the way!